Past ARC Campaigns
Keep in mind that past performance is in now way a reflection of future results, but understand the need to see a point of reference of past clients who hired us to conduct an ARC campaign.
The most successful campaigns have some common threads:
- The book was well written and well received.
- It was a topic of interest to the reviewers we reached out to.
- The author also followed our instructions to reach out to everyone in their network (which may also include forums/linkedin, etc.)
- Outreach and followup (cooperative effort)
- Timing: Reviewers were looking for a new book to read.
Lack of reviews (and/or poor reviews) are likely due to:
- It is not a well written book (thus rather than post a bad review, the reader didn't likely finish the book, thus can't write a review).
- It's not a topic of interest to a large number of readers.
- Too many other books on the same topic, or the book doesn't measure up to the others in the same genre.
- Poor editing/poor cover
- Lack of follow-up
- Timing: Reviewers were overwhelmed with too many other requests from authors
Every time we run a campaign, we learn a bit more about what works and what doesn't.